This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog Bluffing: I'm Coming Clean!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blog Bluffing: I'm Coming Clean!

A few days ago, I had an unusual blog experience.   I was checking up on one of my earliest blog buddies.  I didn't know her well, but she has a cute site and had been expecting her first baby.

I noticed she already had her baby, in June.  I looked at her latest entry.  There were several anonymous comments.

They pointed out that her timeline didn't match up.  According to her previous posts, her baby should have been due in September of this year, but here was a full-term baby in June. 

There were more discrepancies, not just with her timeline, but with what she was writing.   After looking over some of her posts, I still want to be wrong, but it seems she didn't actually have a baby.  

I'm hoping there's some good explanation?  A miscarriage she was embarrassed about?  A secret adoption? Maybe she was an undercover blogging special agent!   OR, it could all have been a hoax?  She may not even be a she!  

A couple of you may know who I'm talking about.  I'd rather not mention her name or blog.

She hasn't deleted the questioning comments, nor has she refuted them.  So, I thought I would set the example and fess up to a few things of my own.

My Twelve Tiny Blog Bluffs
and Confessions

 **I'm adding this late because I saw some confusion, but you just need to click on the subjects (like Snapping) to find more information about a particular story.**

#1 Snapping 
   I may have said implied that I don't yell at my kids, only snap.  It's possible one of my recent snaps came out a bit like a yell, but only once...a day.  And since I'm talking about me, I'm planning to whiten my teeth soon, but I deceptively whitened them (using Picnic) for my blogging profile photo.
Evie's twenty-two rock babies are still very precious, but they are being completely neglected!

#3 Our Pet Snail 

My daughter's pet snail met it's doom in the dishwasher.  Today, I'm coming cleanish.  Maybe the snail cup had been sitting in the kitchen and I might have unintentionally dumped him in the dishwasher...but I can't be sure. 

I was going to stop listening to questionable lyrics around my kids.  That "Catch a Grenade" song came on the radio while I was driving with my children this week.  It's just so catchy!  I left it on.  Hopefully, we will still not have any more grenade ditty's on our way to church.

I admitted to eating an entire bag of Three Musketeers Marshmallows, BUT, I didn't actually finish off one bag of Halloween candy.  I finished off two.  The kids helped me (a little) with the second bag, so I didn't think that should count.

 You may already know, I used to have a real jail in my home.  My confession: some days I would like to have a jail again--to keep my rambunctious kids in!

After our big oil disaster, I haven't been so good at keeping the oil up high, like I professed I would.  We've had two more oil spills.  One of them, just this week! 
  He's still dressing backwards and most days I don't say anything.  I've decided to let this cute phase last into his teenage years.
  Despite my goal to appreciate the new scissored look of my couch, I'm NOT.
We are those neighbors again.  Our great beauty of a van has returned to reside in front of our house...and may never leave.  Though, my neighbors might.

This one isn't my fault!  I intended to throw away that terrible elk, but my husband wouldn't let me.  He insisted requested we save it, to help keep the freezer cold.  Years from now...when we move into the nursing home... I will have my grandkids finally toss that smelly elk!

I was going to get rid of my son's weapon also, but, much like the elk, it still stays with us...no one is safe!


Ahhh...I feel much better getting that out.

Confessing about having a fictitious baby might be a bit more difficult, but I think freeing also.

I've been a little concerned since this whole blog incident happened, but I'm fairly certain most of my other blog friends are completely real...right?

Grumpy Mom Goal: No more songs about grenades.

Labels:

63 Comments:

At July 14, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Anonymous Amanda @ Gratefully Growing in Grace said...

Oh, the pet snail...

Over at Gratefully Growing in Grace, I'm so real it hurts. ;)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger m&msmommy said...

I just don't get it! I'm not nieve, I totally get that people here in "blog land" can lie about anything and everything, but why would you ever do that!??!?!??!?! For attention? I guess that's probably it, but it still doesn't make sense to me! This example that you've given is NOT the first time I've heard of this since becoming a blogger and I'm sure it won't be the last time. Although I don't know the blog you are referring to, if people are in question, I'm sure the blogger is lying and her whole story is ficticious! Why!??!?!?!?!??! There is a blog that I follow (I don't even recall how I came across it since this blogger and I have NOTHING in common) but I'm almost 100% sure that she is lying about being very sick, that her guests bloggers are various posts by people she has made up, etc. I'm pretty certain I'm right. And again, I just don't get it. Why lie, ESPECIALLY about being sick!?!??! I guess some people just thrive on attention, even if it's from a made up situation.

Bottom line...people are crazy! ;)

I'm glad you are free of all your lies and deceptions now! ;)

I'm actually an unmarried male and Manuel and Mia are my make believe children. They are really babydolls that I treat like children! ;)

Sorry that my comments are always paragraphs long. I just always have a lot to say in regards to your posts! :)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

lol love your confessions :D

I'm real! I know I don't comment much. I'm sorry :( But I'm here and I'm real!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you finally confessed about everything. I'm sure you feel much better as well-ha!! I'm also real-everything on my blog is real and true according to my recollections!!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

Love the backwards look on your little one, but the van returned? I remember when you were so thrilled that it finally went away. Well darn it all!

Not all that long ago, there was a blogger who was stealing other blogger's kid pics, etc. and posting them as if it was her own family. What the heck!!!!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:06 AM , Blogger mrsmarkdave said...

I can imagine how free-ing that must be. You are hilarious.
I will confess - everything you read in my blog is true. I can't lie to save my life.
Anytime I try to do something behind my husband's back, I eventually come clean and tattle on myself. It's usually that same day if not just the day after.
So, I can be trusted :-)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Alia said...

Loooooove it! Hilarious!
As for the fake person thing.....it is beyond me, I just don't understand the need, only pray for them because they must really hate their situation in life to create a new one....I was part of a very close knit forum that this happened on....the person even hijacked photos of a baby from the Internet! Soooo very sad.....and unfair to the rest of us!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Poor snail! My mom once dropped our fish on accident in the garbage disposal...she had no choice but to turn it on. Awful huh?

I am completely real on my blog...I really do have my little boy and I really do blog about real stuff...maybe just in a happier way than I sometimes feel :-)

Love your cute blog as always!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Help! Mama Remote... said...

Something sounds a bit questionable about your blog friend. I only tell what I want people to know. Everything else is all mine :) I think since you mentioned it I'd like you to confess a bit more about the jail cell in your house " tell me how I can get one for my kids & husband.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Abbie said...

I am also real.

Why would anyone lie is confusing? Isn't this the place to put yourself out there? Warts and all.
The comment of posting pictures of other blogger's kids is creepy!!!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:40 AM , Blogger LA Botchar said...

Confession is good for the soul, right? But also clearly just good manners in bloggy world too. Especially since we are all reaching out to one another as moms, to lend support, encouragment, advice.....and laughs. Why anyone would want to live a life based on lies is beyond me. Being you AND loving you, is so much better - and happier.
Probably why I love YOUR blog so much :)

100% real over at Time out for Mom. I use the name RoryBore (and online names for my family too) only because of hubby's job - since I do post real pics of my kids.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Rach (DonutsMama) said...

That is really creepy about that other blog. What in the world?? Why? I just don't get it. Scary too.

Um I love your son's backward look! He's making his own fashion statement!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Mrs G said...

Oh now Im curious....

 
At July 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Marina at My Busy Children said...

That is pretty bad when people lie about having a baby. Maybe she does not have a baby at all? Maybe she wanted to become a Mom Bogger really bad!

I love love your confessions here. I have a lot of those, especially in the candy/chocolate department :)!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Crystal Jeffers said...

Holy Smokes! I just started following your blog the other day... so for me these confessions are a bit confusing. :) I am shocked that someone would take the time and energy to blog such horrific lies about having a baby. Some people are just twisted.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

It must feel good to come clean about all of these things. If you ever want to find out how real I am load up those kids and come to Nevada to visit.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Victoria said...

How wild! I don't THINK I have anyone like that. I know I'm completely real (as is my crazy little family) and I wouldn't want to be anything else.

I hope that, no matter what the actual circumstances, that she turns out to be real for you. While I'd hate for anyone to go through something like a miscarriage or something, I imagine it would be better and more healing to talk about it than create an elaborate lie.

You and your family make me smile. I'm glad you guys are real. :)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Anonymous Ruth said...

That is SOOO weird, about the pretend baby! Um, yeah, I'm real. But I can't really prove that, can I? =)

The backwards clothing is cute! And hey, maybe your son can set a new teenage trend years down the road? My son can join him in the trend-setting business. My 3-year-old likes to get himself dressed, which I LOVE, so I never make him change his backwards clothing. He even wears his underwear backwards!


My confession: I still have bags and bags of frozen breast milk in my freezer, from over two years ago. I plan on throwing it out before my new (REAL!) baby arrives...

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Blogger CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

My Darling GGM, REAL is a matter of perspective in the BlogSphere and most times makes a post REAL funny. Well, if you're a funny Mommy, which you are and I am... but a not REAL baby? Hmmm...

Thank you for all your REAL confessions and quite honestly, exaggerated truths make for a REAL funny blog... Cups Up! xoxo

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Mom of 12 said...

I try hard to always write the truth...that said, my sweetie tells me that my PERCEPTION of the truth is actually different from reality. Does that mean I'm bluffing? I think all reality depends on the historian writing it, and since I am that historian, what I say IS reality, right??!!
Loved the post. Poor snail...
Sandy

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger The Home C.E.O. said...

I feel like if I say I'm real, then you'll think i'm lying. but if i say that i'm usually lying, then you'll believe me. so if I lie all the time, but some things sound real, how would you know the difference? what if I was telling the truth that i lied.... oh my head hurts now. That whole baby thing is a TRIP. I can't figure that one out. but I love your blog, lies, or no lies. It's entertainment. plain and simple.
love your show.
big fan.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm not real. Not even a little bit. :)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger John said...

The pretend baby thing is weird if it is a man and sad if it is a woman.

Sometimes I think it would be neat to have like a Mommy bloggers picnic. Then we could see if the nearby bloggers at least are real. ;-0. I suspect most are but not all want to bare all online. I'm pretty open, but there are a few things I don't publish for whoever to read.

Love the backward thingy!!!! I'd put a snail in the dish washer on not so accident too. Or actually just the outside trash can -- oops snailing escaped!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Jaclyn M said...

I'm so glad you confessed because I was going to ask about some of those things!! Especially the Van ;)

Last time I checked I was real, but some days I do feel as though I am living in the twilight zone. So who knows!!! I never even considered before that people would lie... jk

 
At July 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Cori said...

Yep totally real here..that is so funny! I just can't imagine lying about something so silly on a blog. I really can't imagine lying or making up a life on a blog anyways..I don't understand why people do it! Glad you got that all off your chest!! ha ha.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO at the blue van!

And um, why would someone take the time to write blog entries about a fake baby?!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow, totally creepy about that blogger. Now I'm dying to know who it is. Email me? pretty please. Oh I'm so nosy!

Why on earth was there a jail in your house?

If you ever want to be an abductor of kittens, dogs, or other cute furries, you have the perfect van for it...

 
At July 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Cam said...

the grenade song is crazy catchy! love it! i need to know more about this jail in your house! fascinating life you have going on! :)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

You have me all curious about this real jail in your house!! And no worries, you can cath me singing the grenade song or now the lazy song a lot!! :)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

I have no idea what blog you are talking about, but saaad! I have met quite a few bloggers and all of them have seemed to be the real deal. So glad for that.

Love your confessions. I wish I had your wit!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Mrs E said...

So I wouldn't object if that blog address magically appeared in my email inbox. Just sayin.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

My BFF and I laugh about how easy it would be to make up a wonderful fictitious life and blog about it, but seriously, who has the time, when real life keeps us busy enough! (And I'm no good at hiding stuff!)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM , Anonymous Jenny said...

I still LOVE your blue van!!!

Pretty creepy that people fake those sorts of things. I promise that I am real! :)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just linked over from her site actually. I wrote one of the anonymous comments on her page. I guess in some ways it's no harm no foul that she wrote her blog fictitiously. She's not asking for money or lying about having a sick baby but it's still weird. I was so excited to read her blog when she found out she was pregnant. She was due at the end of September I am due in the beginning on October. Then she had a full term baby in June so I went back and I looked at everything (the pregnancy time line, the house she said she bought which is no longer for sale and never got sold, the vacation to Italy a week before the baby was born) and none of it made sense. It was actually really disappointing. I wish she would explain herself but I guess that is not the case. The pregnancy photos without her face, the inaccurate time line, I would love to hear the real story. It's all just too weird.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Elena Wollborg said...

You are hilarious! You had a jail in your house? That is so awesome. Although I'd probably just put the kids in there for timeout. I can't believe someone would blog about a false life. Blogging is hard! It be even harder if you were making it all up!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the jail in your house, what the heck? ... and who is this baby/mama blogger you speak of? Like seriously curious, wish you would name drop!

RIP Snail. :(

 
At July 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You always crack me up. I think I will keep my confessions to myself a little while longer :) But no baby here. Too funny

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Blogger The Suburban Princess said...

I want a jail in my house! lol!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Karen Greenberg said...

Awesome, awesome post! Now I'm curious about this blogger who may not be telling the truth. It never occurred to me to make up stories for my blog. Well... I do, but they are clearly marked. He, he, he. Anyway, wow... I would feel betrayed to find out a blog I follow is not true. Maybe I get too attached to the authors of the blogs I read. No big confessions here!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading your post today. I am smiling and laughting and I needed it. Thanks for sharing all of your cute thoughts.
Blessings to you!
Living Waters by LeAnn
http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com
google comments down

 
At July 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM , Blogger The Zany Housewife said...

Why on Earth would someone lie about having a baby? I mean, sheesh, at least get your timeline correct.

I clearly need to read back aways because I had NO idea about the jail. Or the now neglected rock babies. Or the pet snail.

Okay, so I guess I'll confess. I'm really an 80 year old blue hair. ;)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger The Zany Housewife said...

And uh, I just figured out who you are talking about. I read her too. But because I'm so behind in blog reading when I initially read about her having the kid I didn't even think about the actual timeline. Too bad. I feel duped. At least have the cajones to say "the following blog is a complete work of fiction..."

 
At July 15, 2011 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You always crack me up, though I have to say I am disapointed that the rock babies have been neglected, and well, lets not even go there about the snail, although I will say I was pretty suspcious about how it mysteriously got in the dishwasher, but who am I to judge!!! LOL!! You are just great!

I am a real person and I really have a dishwasher that I bought in November and it really is possessed! I wish I was creative enough to make up what I write!!! And, I must confess, sometimes I wish it was not my life!!! Lol!!! I love my visits to your site!!!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Theresa said...

I want a jail in my house too! You are sooo lucky!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Liesel said...

Oh, I wanna know! I wouldn't mind if you e-mailed me the site. I'm a real Mom with three very real and whining kids and I need something morbidly entertaining.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

What what WHAT? If you're going to fake a pregnancy, at least do it right! Or, you know, don't do it at all. :) It's funny that you mention this, because I'm working on a post about reasons I unfollow people and being a transparent liar is one of them.

You completely crack me up with the rest of the post! And you make me want a bag of Three Musketeers.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that my son isn't the only one who dresses backwards, my only concern is that he's 8... :) Still cute to giggle at him. Most days I let it be.

We once had a couch taht had the scissored look. Thanks to our oldest daughter who had gotten her cell phone stuck in it and wanted to get it out before we got home and she got in trouble. So naturally, getting the scissors out and cutting the couch wide open was the only option. Needless to say she got in more trouble for cutting the couch than for "misplacing" her phone.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger LaVonne said...

So weird about that blogger. Hopefully she isn't making up a fake baby to have something to blog about :)

I love your list! Especially about the candy bags. Too funny. (I just hid 4 Reese's PB Cups from the hubster so he would not know I already ate 4!}

Enjoy your weekend!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

 
At July 16, 2011 at 5:37 AM , Blogger Colleen said...

Hello and nice to meet you.:) Your confessions, shocking as they were, brought a smile to my face.:)

I also don't understand why someone would lie on a blog and luckily I don't think I have ever come across it myself yet. I do wonder what satisfaction someone would get from that though...very odd.

Anyway I hope you have a lovely day!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Blogger thingsthatkeepmesane.com said...

Thank you for providing my lunchtime entertainment!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

How WEIRD? And yet....interesting??? I don't have a clue who you're referring to but I sort of wish I did so I could read and get a chuckle. Your confessions cracked me up.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

I am with Stephanie, I kinda wish I could read her blog too, just so I could see what a scam artist looks like! LOL That is weird!! Hopefully she gets over it soon!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM , Blogger just me said...

I promise to tell the truth, the half truth, and nothing but the truth.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Lesley said...

Wait. You're not telling who it is? How am I going to stalk her then?
I read a comment you left at Type A and had to check you out. Glad I did cuz you're freakin hilarious and now I'll just have to stalk you. You're welcome.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Chloe said...

you're funny :) i actually found your blog by clicking over from that girl's blog you were mentioning. her story definitely did not line up right... i can't figure it out. sad.

although after not responding to comments and questions, she took her blog down (sometime in the last few days i'm guessing), so i guess we will never know. drats!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Brian & Heidi Haas said...

I wondered if she'd take it down. I don't know who she is, but I can't imagine she liked being caught redhanded like that. :/ Totally Weird!!!

Love your blog...it's quite bizarre, because I catch myself wondering if you're writing about my life. ;)

Thanks for the entertainment...I appreciate it!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Utah Mom said...

You're so funny. And I'll confess: my children know every word of GRENADE. Every word.

 
At July 18, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Blogger I Am Not Superwoman said...

Love the confessions! Aren't they so freeing. I am feeling #10 list coming up for me. And you so have to email me who you are talking about. I am so darn curious now. I read a lot of blogs but not sure I read that one. Hmm....I am as real as they come, I think. I hope. (but I am not superwoman!) Missed reading your posts while we were on our vacation.

 
At July 26, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 26, 2011 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Sad about the snail, but hilarious that you actually HAD a pet snail in the first place!

As far as the blogger you are referring to, yeah, I wondered about the timing myself. It seems like only 5 or 6 months ago that she and I were blogging about her trying to convince her husband to start a family. Hmmm. I don't know what to think. :/

 
At July 26, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

I just went to investigate and it seems her blog has been removed. Confusing. Remember that she also moved to another state during her pregnancy. Perhaps it was via a surrogate or an adoption that they didn't want people to know WAS an adoption? I don't like unsolved mysteries, but I wish her well.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is hilarious! You always crack me up!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger NonDomesticMama said...

I am so relieved to find you are not appreciating your scissored couch. It makes me feel better about not appreciating the hole in my bathroom floor, or the various stains all over the carpet, or the scratches on my leather couches...
Not that I want you to be unhappy or anything... ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home