This Page

has been moved to new address

Comment Thank Yous and Fixes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, July 11, 2011

Comment Thank Yous and Fixes

First, I wanted to say Thank You!  I don't do that enough.  I have loved getting to know some amazing blog friends this year.  I read and appreciate every non-spammish comment.

I use many of your tips and ideas.  Some of your comments have me laughing hysterically, especially when I read them late at night!  I was also so touched by the kindness shown from last month's post about fitting in.  Thank you.

I am more likely to spend my computer time visiting blogs rather than replying to comments, but I do try to reply to some and I will always answer questions.   Except, I can't!  About half of the time, when I try to reply, it says noreply-comment@blogger.com.   I used to be one of those noreplyers too, until a friend pointed it out!  There's an simple fix.

#1.  From your Dashboard go into Edit Profile.
#2.  Check the box that says Show my email address.
#3.  Enter email address under Identity.
#4.  Save.

I am at least 65% sure this will work.  And if you prefer to not share your email address I suppose that's OK too. 

Wait.  There's more!  I've seen a small slew of people still blogging about comment trouble, especially with embedded comments like mine.   I've heard pop-up comments work better, except I'm stubborn.  I prefer the embedded ones on my blog.

I don't have a perfect fix, but try switching your browser.   When I use Internet Explorer I have huge comment leaving woes.  When I switch to Firefox, I can comment again, though now everyone's followers are missing.  Ba! 

Grumpy Grateful Mom Goal of the Week: Looking into switching my comment system.

Labels:

20 Comments:

At July 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I've never had problems commenting on your blog unless Blogger was having problems.

Sometimes people don't realize there email is not public so always good to remind them to check.

 
At July 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

Oh Darling GGM! You make me smile... thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out... after I powder my nose... xoxo

 
At July 11, 2011 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Caitlin MidAtlantic said...

I switched to Intense Debate a while ago - it was pretty easy to do, and definitely makes replying to comments so much easier!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Reccewife said...

I not only just recently realized that it was possible to add my email, I recently realized that I can reply to comments. And now I feel guilty for all the people I DIDN'T reply to before! Ahhh!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Mom of 12 said...

My daughter switched me to Firefox about six months ago and mostly I like it. Sometimes it seems a bit slower to me. Thanks for the email!
Sandy

 
At July 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I love this! I've been wanting my readers to do this too. Would you mind if I "borrow" some of this text (linking to you, of course!) to share with my readers?

Also, I've found that in Internet Explorer, it helps if the option to remain signed in is UN-checked, in order for me to comment on blogs with an embedded comment form. I don't know why, but that fixed it for me. I don't have to sign in for each comment though, I remain signed in throughout my session. Hope that helps!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

 
At July 11, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Haha...well I won't be voting for Mitt Romney...but I WILL keep reading your blog! :)

 
At July 11, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

....and I just commented on the wrong post. Dang it reader!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Melissa, you're welcome to it. Thanks for the tip!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I do the same thing Melissa suggested about not staying signed in, for some reason I don't have problems when I do that! I am so green at all this that I barely know how to turn on the darn computer, so everything that people share helps!!! I love your blog, and enjoy our "blogging friendship" as well!!!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

Thanks for posting this! I didn't realize that THAT was how the email thing was fixed. I was wondering why some people's comments came from "No Reply" and some came from their email.

I also use Firefox and noticed that recently the followers were missing. Yours seem to be working for now, from what I can see, but that might change next time I click on something. Maybe it's a problem with the gadgets.

 
At July 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Branson said...

I was told to uncheck the stay signed in box. Don't know if that was what fixed it, but I have been able to comment for a while now...

And yay for sharing the way to change no-reply status! I prefer to email reply to comments as well! :)

 
At July 11, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger mrsmarkdave said...

Ok I've made changes. I didn't even know that was possible. Interesting.
And this is how with it I am. When you said "Late at night" I thought FOR SURE you spelled "late" wrong. Even after I sat and stared at it for awhile.
Perhaps it's bedtime - even if it's only 7:15

 
At July 11, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Lourie said...

I can't remember when I made the switch. I wasn't even aware that you could do that. I am so glad I did!!!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 1:16 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I've never had a problem commenting on your site. But those no-reply addresses? Used to make me so sad!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

I don't mind the embedded comments at all UNLESS there's word verification on them. That makes me twitchy!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It wouldn't be good to make blueviolet twitch! I love replying to comments. It is like visiting friends that have already visited my house.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Help! Mama Remote... said...

That's so nice of you. Its been great meeting you too this pass couple months.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Rach (DonutsMama) said...

I'd done a post about this too after someone had pointed it out to me! So I got myself a new Gmail account just for my blog and it's amazing the connections I made through that one small step!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Mrs E said...

So sweet...
and "you're welcome!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home