This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm Committing!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm Committing!

I have an exceptional skill: goal setting.  Sometimes weekly, but always on the first of the month, I make goals for myself, lots of them.

 I'm going to eat healthier, exercise (at least once a week), spend less, turn off the Bachelorette TV,  be sweeter to my husband, have more patience with my kids, stop complaining, learn Italian, write a novel, pray with more sincerity, meditate, shovel out my van, then deep clean the entire house!   And, I usually stay on task with my goals, 100% successful even, for at least...half a day.  (sigh)

So this month, I'm cutting back, working on maybe only eleven goals, instead of twelve, and today I'm going the extra mile.  Here's the additional list I'm committing to:

Six Things I Am Absolutely Not Going to Work on this Month

Goldfish Crackers 
I have discovered I love these heavenly little beauties.  The cheesy whales--also addictive.  I am going to be swimming in fishies this month! 

Dinner 
I'm in a dinner group with two of my neighbors which forces gives me the opportunity to cook dinner for everyone once a week AND I get two meals made for me.   I'd like to be one of those families who has a balanced and beautiful dinner every night, but not this month.   Instead,  on many of my non-dinner group nights, I'll be feeding my family tantalizing main courses of canned ravioli and fruit cocktail, maybe even scrambled eggs if I'm feeling extra ambitious.

Weeding 
My garden is in my front yard.  I planned to have it looking pristine, but I am giving up.  I'm now going for an 80/20 weed-to-plant ratio.  Weeds can be beautiful I think.

Bedtime (mine) 
I've been staying up to an unseemly hour recently.  I write blog posts, fold an occasional load of laundry, pick up the disaster zone living room; but after that, I still want some true vegetation time, so that keeps me up even later.  I'm not fixing that right now.  I prefer to be a vegetating zombie. 

Early Loveliness 
I've been told that if I shower, get dressed, and throw on some makeup first thing in the morning, I will be more productive and possibly chipper, but I just don't have it in me to get ready early!  I also believe flannel pajama pants are perfectly acceptable in public.  Though, my makeup-free face may not be, as I have huge circles under my eyes from staying up too late!

Acquiring Sweetness 
OK, I'm grumpy--too often!  Thus the name of my blog.  But, the sweetness is going to be put on hold for now, unless I'm eating goldfish crackers.  Then I'll be extra sweet.

  Grumpy Grateful Mom Goal of the Day:  Stick with my real goals, at least until the end of the day.

Labels: , , ,

43 Comments:

At August 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM , Anonymous Kim of Mo'Betta said...

I'm terrible at sticking to my goals...I said I was going to lose 15 lbs over the summer and exercise at least 3 times a week. Weeell, I've lost 3 lbs. and it's August and I haven't exercised at all in 2 weeks. and this week's not looking so hot either. *sigh*

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Amanda @ Gratefully Growing in Grace said...

One of my summer goals was to stop eating frozen chocolate chips... a 24 oz bag a week... yeah, that hasn't worked. In fact, at this moment I still have a cold, chocolaty taste in my mouth.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Blogger K Lind said...

Oh, how I abhor weeding! I'm with you on that one. That dinner group sounds like a good idea ... until I had to cook anyway. I may have to mull that one over for a bit!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

Weeding is a drag...I finally just sprayed mine with some weed killer! Good luck on your goals!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Heather said...

I've decided that since I'm so bad at monthly goals, I'm aiming for getting through one day at a time with my goals. MUCH more attainable that way!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like the idea of goals that I can actually accomplish - like eating chocolate 1x/day or keeping up with Am. Nxt. Tp. Mdl (do you like my shorthand ... do you think anybody guessed my secret??!)

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Blogger BNM said...

Im terrible at sticking to my goals maybe i should set goals of what I am not going to do and will actually do them LOL!!!!!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

Have you been looking in my windows lately? 'Cuz I too am in my flannels, dark circles are living under my eyes, I'm up waaaaay too late, my garden is a disaster and our dinners are..well, most often laughable! Glad I'm not the only one!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger m&msmommy said...

I'm awful at sticking to goals, so at least you're not alone! ;) I love the dinner group idea, maybe I need to start one too because, at times, are dinners are also laughable! :) ESPECILALY when Mia starts whining for dinner the SECOND we walk in the door (so even if I do have a good dinner planned) she ends up with some graham crackers, a huge helping of fruit and some microwaved veggies! :) If only she understood no tantruming=balanced meal for EVERYONE! ;)

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Greta @gfunkified said...

This is my kind of list! Love it!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Jaclyn M said...

I try to avoid making goals.... That way I don't have to worry about actually keeping them ;) I do have a goal for this week though..... A few actually..... To make a walk way through my room, get the kitchen clean enough that I can use the counter space, and get laundry done (this will be tough since I don't have a dryer... still)

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL this is great!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Mom of 12 said...

I know my life is running amok when I resort to lists! That's the time when my head is so full of stuff I can't seem to keep it straight without writing it down. I'm terrified that I might forget something important...like getting dressed in the morning.
Sandy

 
At August 1, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds good to me! I pretty much did away with makeup after I had the twins. Who has the time?

 
At August 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

ahh, its like you speak my language. I think I'm going to be totally fine with the sink in the kitchen stacking up and laying all over the counters. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else in my household... why should I care anymore... i'm with ya girl! high five!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

I'm really bad at even making goals. So you're doing way better than I am!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Mikailah Autumn said...

Those sound like interesting goals! I like em! :) Keeping deadlines/goals are harder than one thinks!

Blessings~
Mikailah

 
At August 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Elena Wollborg said...

Keeping my own bedtime is always tough! That dinner group sounds so cool. I always wish I had some friends in my neighborhood to do that type of thing with!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think I could do many of these with enough Goldfish! I love Goldfish too

 
At August 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Irish Italian Blessings said...

Ok first, Whales are just amazing and I Just had a huge handful of them. Second, Weeds can definitely be beautiful! I seriously laughed so hard when I read that. Love your list and I just want to say, getting up, showering, doing my hair and makeup does NOT make me chipper for the day. It makes me tired :)

 
At August 1, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Rach (DonutsMama) said...

LOL. I have way too many things on my plate too. I'm learning to let a lot go as well. I don't blame you for not giving up Goldfish. Those things are way too addicting!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've got to agree with Katherine (Irish Italin Blessing) showering, getting dressed and putting make-up on does not make me more chipper, I do it only because I don't want to scare myself in the mirror in case I get a glimpse of myself!!! I love the 80/20 weed ratio, I'm pretty darn close to that myslef!! Now that I know that can be a goal, I'm totaly signing up for that one! I also would proably need less make-up if I would go to bed, but I too need a little veg time and until they put in the extra 10 hours a day I need, I'm stuck looking like a racoon!! Thanks for another great post!!!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Jen said...

I love these goals!!
P.S. I could never give up goldfish...have you tried the s'mores ones??? Sooo good.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Kelly said...

Fish are such a bad addiction. I can't just do the regular ones anymore either. Oh no, I have to go for something more hardcore now like sour cream and onion or ranch. BTW my daughter just saw the pic for Goldfish and said, "More fish, please!"

 
At August 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Myya said...

I think these might become my goals too :) You had me giggling all the way through. Thanks for the laugh today!!!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Lourie said...

I'm so with you on staying up late. I get it. It is my me time. It's the only time that is truly mine. Keep it. hahaha.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

So what did you think of Ben, the proposal and the rejection? I wanted Ben, but I knew she'd pick JP. Whatever, Ashley.

I say forgo the scrambled eggs! Ravioli and fruit cocktail are enough!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Mrs E said...

maybe I should make at least one goal... now I feel like a slacker because you say you have too many goals to follow! I have too few!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Heather H said...

These are awesome goals! You can do it! Can't wait to hear how this goes.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Blogger LA Botchar said...

My new goal is to search our local stores until I can find COLORED goldfish crackers!!! (for the kids of course). I never knew, and it's probably quite sad that I am excited.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Blogger AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm grumpy when I go without my caffeine. And first thing in the morning.

We have a lot of eggs for dinner. Or TV dinners.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Tatiana said...

I have given up on my weeding, bc mine are on steroids. I work for four hrs in the killer heat, and next week I have to start over. No thanks. I'll just let the neighbors talk behind my back and point fingers.
Good luck on the rest of your goals. You can do it all... with some gold fish close by :-)

 
At August 2, 2011 at 12:51 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Good luck with your goals! I'm always up far too late and then the next day I'm dragging. It's a viscous cycle!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 1:40 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Who told you that you would be more productive during the day if you showered, got dressed, and did your makeup? That's just nonsense. You can really get more done in your pajamas.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love this post! I hardly ever stick to my goals. I try, I really do...but life just gets in the way.

 
At August 3, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Abbie said...

I love how you try every month with your goals. Keep hope alive baby!! I give myself low epectations that way I dont feel I let myself down when I dont meet them. lol

The weeding of the garden is a chore and the weeds out of control. My next step is to bulldoze and start over next year!!!

 
At August 3, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Blogger just me said...

Thought of you a minute ago when I was getting dressed. My 7 year old walked in and asked, "Why are you putting on make up? Its only Thursday."

For the sleep-deprived like myself, getting dressed in the morning doesn't energize you, it uses up the only energy you have so that getting dressed may end up being the ONLY thing you get done.

 
At August 3, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

he he he...I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM , Blogger NonDomesticMama said...

Those are my kind of goals! :)

 
At August 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Sandra Tyler said...

Oh, Honey, you have TOO many goals -- need to prune them down even more. Like mine; I have none. NONE! At least for the summer. Except to survive it. And eat my way through it until the kids are back in school any maybe I can get to the gym again. And yes, I can be GRUMPY TOO! (try my latest post!)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Brandi said...

This list cracks me up! :) I have been in a vegatative state myself lately. We got back from my mom's yesterday and I brought my niece and nephew with me, but they whined all afternoon because I didn't want to take them to the fair yet. I was just too exhausted. I put on a show for them and passed out for a while on the couch. :)

 
At August 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

I am impressed with your goal-making ability! And also in awe of your energy! And I share your staying up way too late proclivity. Finally, I too am grumpy too often. I think you might be a skinnier, Morman, more fertile version of me!

 
At August 7, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger M and D said...

Too funny! Why Goldfish? Why not chocolate? I have to say it, I think you could do a 70/30 weeds/flower ratio. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home