This Page

has been moved to new address

The Chaos and Confidence of Motherhood

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Chaos and Confidence of Motherhood

Life is usually unexpected and chaotic at our house, but there are some things I can count on.

Presenting:
Ten Things I Know

  • I know that there's a high probability my three-year-old, Mase, will have to go potty right as we're heading out the door.

  • Meanwhile, my five-year-old, Evie, will never have to go potty until five minutes after we leave!

  • If my kids are laughing and playing nicely, I know at least one child will be crying soon.

  • When I'm all caught up on laundry, I know that if I don't fold the following load of laundry, I won't fold the next ten loads, and it will be piled up again.

  • I know that if I have all my children ready for church an hour early, then one or more of them will get some sort of food or unknown substance on their outfit and will need to change.

  • I'll then have to hunt for new clean clothes out of the piles of unfolded laundry.  Then we'll be late for church.

  • I know that if I leave my purse anywhere Mase can see, then my driver's license will go missing.  So will my gum.

  • The gum will later show up glued to the carpet.

  • The driver's license will still be missing.

  • And most importantly, I know I am so blessed to have my crazy family and wouldn't trade them even on my worst mom day...though I may stay here and ship them to Iowa to have a vacation with my parents.  Heads up Mom and Dad. :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom Goal of the Day: Searching for my driver's license. 

Labels: ,

47 Comments:

At September 10, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Brandi said...

Marlee also spills whenever I am in a hurry.

And Evie always having to go after you have left cracks me up! :) Marlee does that sometimes too.

Hope you find your license soon!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous My Inner Chick said...

•And most importantly, I know I am so blessed to have my crazy family and wouldn't trade them even on my worst mom day"
Says it all, Grumpy Mom. xx Lovely.

 
At September 10, 2011 at 8:32 AM , Anonymous Jenny said...

I stopped asking my kids if they have to pee before we leave; now I make them all march upstairs and try nomatter what they say. And yet, much of the time, someone still has to go the second we walk into Wal-mart. :)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Alexia said...

Sounds about right! I was missing my wallet, the ENTIRE thing, the other day. Turns out it was in my daughter's Fisher Price kitchen. Great place for it, huh? Looking forward to having more kids so that the chaos increases exponentially!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Jaclyn M said...

We have the same problem with church and also with my purse. I have to keep it hung up on a tall hook to avoid my kids losing things....

 
At September 10, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Misadventures in Motherhood said...

Haha! I can totally relate! For some reason, my daughter seems to think that the best things in the UNIVERSE reside within the dark depths of my purse, and she will ransack it with feverish abandon until she has found a prize like lip gloss or altoids, in which case she'll paint the walls with the lip gloss and try to eat the altoids all at once (surprisingly, she likes them!) I'm stopping by your blog since you left me such a sweet comment, and I'm following back too! Love your writing! You made me chuckle, and that's awesome! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you find that license! LOL

Smiles, Jenn @Misadventures in Motherhood

 
At September 10, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger John said...

Yeah, it's those constants in life that give us something to hang onto and create peace ;-)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM , Blogger LOVE MELISSA:) said...

This is so funny! I can relate to so much. Oh, I had the gum thing happen on one too many times.have a great weekend:)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

Oh mama... I could have written this myself! Except I only have one lil driver license theif! He also love my chevron gas card, son I gave him a whole pile of old gift cards. Yahhhhh... He somehow know's they have no funds on them~ there for... no good to him! lol

I ADORE all your kiddos names btw! I am so glad I found your blog. I love how real, honest, & how much you love your babes. Thanks mama! Xo

Dude. Btw, this is Melanie from Happy Jax
It won't let me log in.... Urggg.

 
At September 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Mikailah Autumn said...

Oh my... you certainly have your hands full! :D In a good way. ;) Gum... can be replaced, but a drivers license is rather important! LOL!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been known to have change JDaniel right before church. I hope you find your license soon. JDaniel doesn't know you can take thing out of a purse. Please don't tell him.

 
At September 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You never fail to make me laugh! I hope you found your license.
I can completely relate to the first three!!!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Greta said...

Wait a second...you get ready for church an hour early sometimes?? I am impressed!

Good luck finding your license!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Blogger laughwithusblog said...

lol Sometimes I wonder if we live in the same house just in alternate dimensions! :)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I couldn't written this post, lol.

 
At September 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Jessica G. said...

I hear ya on the potty issues, especially since I started potty training the youngest. But if I don't ask her, she'll use that as an excuse to have an accident. And is it really an "accident" if she stands there and watches the pee run down her legs?

 
At September 10, 2011 at 2:47 PM , Blogger LeAnn said...

I am so smiling on this one. I have been there and done that and it has also happened when taking care of my grandchildren. This was a way cute post; thanks fo the smile.
Keep on enjoying those moments!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the stray fruit loops. Some day, I will invent body velcro, so that we can just smack on the important items we need right on our skin, and say goodbye to all of the rummaging through our purses;)

Oh, and laundry, even when the kids are gone and grown still piles up, and is never, ever done...arrgh!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Tamika said...

5 kids in this house and all I can say is 'Ditto'! :)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

Uh Oh...can't get far without the drivers license. :)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Mom of 12 said...

Laundry is ALWAYS an issue for me! Folded and unfolded, clean and dirty.
Sandy

 
At September 10, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well said! I ditto everything! Kids playing good = bad things to come! For sure!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

Ha ha this is all so true! It's God's little joke on us!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Hopes@Staying Afloat! said...

This is such a great list! It definitely like Murphy's Law all the time at my house!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Lourie said...

Shoot I can't even blame the missing wallet on my kids. Twice in under 24 hours mine fell out of my purse (and thankfully) into the car. But I was frantic looking for it. And this post could easily be me. :)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Randomlicious Memoirs said...

LOL, I'd love to spend a day in your house! So great.

 
At September 10, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

Would your parents notice if I sent an extra along?

I love this post. The laundry thing... yeah, I don't fold mine either!

Thanks for making me smile!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Blogger tessica said...

My daughter used five different bathrooms today, in five different places (not including home), I don't get it.
And don't get me started on laundry, you have it nailed...not folding is a darn slippery slope!

 
At September 10, 2011 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Honey I'm Home Blog said...

I SO enjoyed meeting you at the girl's night out. You're not grumpy - you're adorable! I love your humorous writing. Let's get together again sometime.

Warmly, Michelle

 
At September 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Kiddothings said...

I'm glad to know I know most of the things here too but my kids don't know about my license. They prefer my credit cards. :)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thx for making me realize my Sunday mornings are *completely* normal :)

 
At September 11, 2011 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Heather H said...

Ready an hour early?!? You must be superwoman! I can't even get *me* ready an hour early!

 
At September 11, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Mrs E said...

oh the purse... my kids, especially my daughter, has a knack (and a strong obsession) with getting ahold of my wallet and emptying it out one thing at a time... ugh.

 
At September 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

One day if we ever move I'm sure to find my very cute pink cell phone and my keys with a really pretty key chain my sister gave me. They have been missing for about 5 years!! Great post!! I always love to read about your wonderful family!!

 
At September 11, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lol on the laundry. If I ever go missing, I recommend you look under the piles in the laundry room!

 
At September 11, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Emmy said...

Did you ever find your license?? I think I have at least one load of laundry at all times that is waiting to be put away. Great post

 
At September 11, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Yup! I know that if DD comes out of the shower and I ask her if she has to go potty and she says no, if I don't get ahead of myself and put a pullup on her, my rug will pay the price :-)

 
At September 11, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Ha, that's why I have to hide my wallet and the diaper bag. Otherwise I may not have my debit card and my license. ;)

 
At September 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger stephanie said...

so cute!! and I never get the girls dressed until we have to walk out the door RIGHT THAT MINUTE. {caps for emphasis, of course!}

 
At September 11, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger I Am Not Superwoman said...

Yup that is us each Sunday too and my debit card is still missing from when Hayden decided to get into my wallet. I am sure one of these days I will happen upon his hiding place where I will find a whole bunch of missing items.

 
At September 11, 2011 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I laughed as I read this entry. It reminds me an awful lot of life with my two. :) It's still a habit to hide any gum in my possession due to the damage my oldest daughter can do. Between the several pieces that she chews consecutively and the pieces she offers to any neighbor who passes by ...

 
At September 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

too funny. your posts seriously crack me up. i hope you found your license.
ps. i gave you an award today on my blog in case you're interested. i realize that a lot of blogs are award free so please don't feel obligated to pass it on.

http://bet1975.blogspot.com/2011/09/awe-thanks-guys-you-shouldnt-have.html

 
At September 11, 2011 at 11:42 PM , Blogger AMY said...

Hahaha.....Love it!
You have such a great sense of humor thru it all!
Gotta LOVE the Excitement and JOY they bring to your family!
Good Luck finding your license!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 2:09 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

Oh goodie, so many things to look forward to now that we are adding another baby to the mix!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always smile when I read your posts because it reminds me of my sister and her 3-year-old!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

My oldest always has to go to the bathroom right after we leave the house. And I've stopped carrying a purse because my toddler believes it belongs to her.

 
At September 15, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Donna said...

This is really cute. It reminds me of the story "If You Give A Mouse a Cookie" and all the chaos that can result from one simple action. It's so true that that happens frequently with kids.
I still think our Iowa connection is a great one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home