This Page

has been moved to new address

Life Lessons: Headaches, Husbands, and Power Rangers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, August 26, 2011

Life Lessons: Headaches, Husbands, and Power Rangers


It's been an educational time for me.  

Here are:
11 Ways I've Been Enlightened this Week

-Attempting to lie down when I have a headache will only encourage my toddler to sit on my back, yank my hair, and bounce up and down while giggling.

-No matter how cool and calm I feel before the first big kindergarten drop-off, I will still get teary-eyed as my little girl walks away.  Thankfully, the principal gave all sobbing moms kleenex and a cookie.

-If I'm given a cookie, my three-year-old, Mase, will snatch it from me and eat it.

-I love my newish neighbor.  I stopped by her house this week and it was messy.   I felt right at home.

-My toddler, Dax, discovered he could push around chairs this week and get into anything!  I've learned that if I remove all chairs he will just use an upside-down laundry basket instead. 

-This week, even after his tire fiasco, my husband gave me a hard time about splurging so much on my slightly pricey favorite ice cream.  The next day, in a moment of toddler-induced stress, I went to the freezer in search of said ice cream.  But!  It was gone! My husband had a late night ice cream snack!  I've learned that, if this happens, all my stress will be channeled into a not-so-sweet phone message for my ice cream-thieving husband.

-My husband and I have both agreed not to apologize, as neither of us is sincerely sorry, and I've discovered we can still continue on happily in our marriage.

-Though, I've learned to hide my ice cream.

-Even if Mase is the last to bed, he will be the first up in the morning, demanding breakfast and Power Rangers.

-After finally watching an episode, I've learned that Power Rangers, while amazing, is not the best choice of entertainment for my three-year-old (already battle happy) boy.

-Most importantly, I realized that I don't have to be mother or wife of the year.  But, I'm grateful I get to spend each day with my crazy family, and I think they're grateful for me too...most days. 

Grumpy Grateful Mom Goal of the Day:  Trying to be nice and learning to share.

Linking up today:

Labels: , ,

53 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Yeah, I'd be hiding the ice cream too. Also, I love visiting friend's houses and seeing that they're not always clean and tidy. Makes me feel better about the state of my own house!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh, I love this!! My husband would have been in BIG trouble if he had eaten all my ice cream!! Especially after giving you the business for how spendy it was.
My boys have recently discovered Power Rangers too.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Victoria said...

This is a good post! I agree on all points, except on the one about living happily with an ice-cream-thief who gave you a hard time about buying the ice cream in the first place. Me and my thief have an agreement: if I can get a carton, he can too. I won't tell if he won't!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Darci Cole said...

Lol! You HAVE to read my friend's post about ice cream now... It's great, and has taught me a lesson:
http://kyleandkourtney.blogspot.com/2011/06/secret-to-successful-and-happy-marriage.html

I love ice cream.

Oh, and ditto on the toddler thing, my boy does the same thing when I try to lie down.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Kimberlee Jost said...

A Principal that hands out kleenex and a cookie?
They are a principal to LOVE.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Mrs. M said...

Oh, I hope I get a cookie too. Nice lessons learned - especially about hiding your ice cream. The nerve of some people! :)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:44 AM , Blogger claudia b said...

dude, ice cream stealing is not ok!!! my oldest is into power rangers right now :D

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I've been there w/ your ice cream woes. So unpleasant when you're counting on that snack!!!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Alia said...

Omg you crack me up! I swear were parallel! I just dropped lissy to pre k and am soooo Geary eyed, I'm not sure what to do w just a baby....and don't get me started on hubby eating coveted food! Or baby's with climbing and messing skills!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Alia said...

Oops teary (darn auto correct!)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Kiddothings said...

Haha! Your hubby's a naughty boy for stealing your ice cream!!
I feel enlightened too after reading your post. :)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Mom of 12 said...

Scout started kindergarten about 3 weeks ago. Even after doing it 10 times it's still hard. I would have needed the ice cream too.
Sandy

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

[G U L P]

I'm usually the ice cream stealing one ... not that the ice cream is his per se, but he forgets about it and I don't :)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger K Lind said...

My husband totally steals my ice cream too! The turd won't even tell me. I wish he would because nothing is more painful than craving some and then realizing it is gone. RUDENESS!! My baby starts Kindergarten next week. I know I'm gonna cry.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Sara said...

If someone eats my ice cream, then they have to apologize- sincere or not :-)

The kleenex and cookie combo from the principal is so cute- even if your cookie was stolen from you....

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

What's up with your ice cream and cookies being stolen? I think you should go on strike until you get your ice cream and cookies!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Lori said...

great list. hope you have a better week next week.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Oh my goodness I am so happy I found your blog!!!! My husband eats all my icecream, I hid from my neighbors, I did not get a cookie but the baby would have taken it (we were to busy listening to my K'ers cries to think about crying ourselves). I could go on but I will stop :o)

www.justonemore4us.blogspot.com

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Heather H said...

They still show the Power Rangers?!? My husband says it turned his little cousin violent, so it turned me off of ever letting a child watch it.

My daughter is the same way as your son. She recently figured out she could use the handles of the drawers as footholds to climb up to the counter.

Love a principal with cookies! That's awesome! (even if you didn't get to eat it)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

There is no sharing when it comes to ice cream. No excuse.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 11:42 AM , Blogger LaVonne said...

After 12 year of marriage, I realized too that some things cannot be settled. My husband and I agree just to keep our own opinions and that is okay!

I love your weeks lessons. Very funny. They sound just like all of our lives too ;)

Happy weekend!
LaVonne

 
At August 26, 2011 at 11:50 AM , Blogger mrsmarkdave said...

I have to hide my ice cream, too, but only so that Dave doesn't know I bought it. I don't have to worry about him eating it.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Cindi said...

Sounds like a great week. I really laughed about your ice cream fight with hubby. We've had some of those. I love the new blog design. Why don't I ever cry when I send my kids to kindergarten? There must be something wrong with me. ;)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger story girl said...

Oh I love every it of this. Especially the ice cream hiding. I think you deserve mommy/wife of the century.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always a smart move to hide the good ice cream. Have a decoy lesser brand up front to deter searching husbands.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger The Suburban Princess said...

Demanding Power Rangers! Sounds like my husband lol!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Mikailah Autumn said...

Wow... Maybe you should hire a babysitter! :) Just kidding. The ice cream incident.. sounds like my sister and brother-in-law. He eats all the ice cream he can get his hands on! Even if it was my sister's! :)

Blessings in Christ,
Mikailah

 
At August 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM , Blogger BNM said...

ohh noo my husband would be getting a beat down for that move lol!

your little one sounds like mine haha hes into everything :)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your ice cream!!!! The nerve!! Lol!! That is a brave husband to come between a stressed out mom and her ice cream!! He was really taking his life in his own hands!!! Lol!! Great, great post!! You always nail it right on the head my dear!! And, I would vote for you for Mother of the Year any day of the week!!!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger mamamash said...

Oh, ice cream thievery is not tolerated! But I love how you guys don't have to fake apologize!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Anonymous Babblin' Brooke said...

My little C is always the first one up every morning demanding a sippy cup and a movie. Luckily we haven't ventured into Power Rangers. He's a power somethin' without the ideas that the rangers would provide. We definitely don't need that.

I'm thinking that we need to let our kids get together sometime. That is, if Mase can hold his own against C. Cause I'll be honest, C is mean. Love him! But he's a big meanie!

Isn't it fun to learn and discover more about yourself? Kids will do it to ya!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Quirky Homemaker said...

You definitely need to hide the ice cream better! Good Luck this year with your kindergartener. I know I cried last year when I left him at the door the first time instead of walking him in. He cried too. I ended up walking him in for a couple more months. Yesterday, I had to put him on a bus for the first time ever. I cried for 2 days prior. It is tough business being a mom, man! They drive you crazy when they're around, but you cry about them being gone.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger LA Botchar said...

Helpful tip...hide your ice cream under a bag of frozen peas in the freezer. They NEVER look under that :)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Blogger CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

: ) Blowing xxxxxxx

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:07 PM , Blogger K said...

I'm still laughing about the ice cream as I type this! So often that one little piece of something we splurge on for ourselves reminds us as moms nothing is ever truly just ours and ours alone! I love this post and I am so excited to have discovered your blog, so thank you for stopping by mine and for commenting on Kiddothings so I could find you!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 4:25 AM , Blogger Kerry said...

He ate the ice-cream!!!???
I love how you don't apologise lol, at least you're both honest enough to say it isn't sincere if you do hahaha

 
At August 27, 2011 at 8:03 AM , Anonymous Ruth said...

Oh yeah, I would have gotton mad! I think the sharing isn't so bad, but if I'd just been lectured about spending the money... sparks would fly for sure!

So what is your favorite ice cream? I'm not a huge ice cream person, but I WILL eat Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

Your little climber is cracking me up. Kids are just little adventurers. Too funny about the ice cream in a smack him kind of way.

 
At August 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Too funny! I was laughing so hard, my husband asked me what? So I read it to him, and he gives me the little eye roll........they just don't get it.

 
At August 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Help! Mama Remote... said...

You're not the only one that doesn't apologize. We just move on. Oh giving them piece of my mind calls are stress relieving.

 
At August 27, 2011 at 3:20 PM , Blogger  Intangible Hearts said...

I'm sure their very grateful.
My husband loves ice cream and wishes I would eat it with him, but alas I can't. Anyway, I always wait until he is scooping out the last little morsel from the bottom of the carton and then I say..."Can I have a little?" He freaks-- and feels horrible and says he'll drive to the store etc. It's funny. His passion really comes out. It's triggered by ice cream. So anyway, I understand this must be some sort of psychological phenomenon that you and him sort of share. He's grumpy too. Hmmm. LOL

 
At August 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What is this slightly pricey ice cream...I must know! It sounds fantastic. Sometimes a higher price at the store actually influences you to buy it, huh.
Courtney;)
http://www.mommyladyclub.blogspot.com
(You can only get to me right now through the blogspot. My site is down:(...)

 
At August 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I didn't tell you that I like your new design!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Sandra Tyler said...

Oh, the power rangers. Those weren't allowed in preschool, but Kenny, then 3-4 loved them; super heroes was the one thing he gravitated to and power rangers were big. Now at 6 he's outgrown them. But the still watch the movies. Now it's avatar. I know these shows are too big for them, but my husband is a boy too and he keeps reminding me that it's only good vs evil. What's a solitary female in an otherwise all male (except for the gerbils) household to do? You're exactly right-- accept that I'm not perfect.

 
At August 27, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Our son does the same thing with chairs and laundry baskets so I so so SOOOO feel your pain!!!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this list. Reading it makes me feel right at home. :)

 
At August 28, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

You are hilarious...if we lived closer we'd surely be friends. Love the bit about not really sincerely sorry...lol'd with this one cuz Hubby and I also practice this....though I'm the one who will take the last of the ice cream...I mean I gave it to the kids!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 11:58 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I hide ice cream and candy in my house. I don't share well.

And I know I'm late on this because I've been MIA, but I love the new design!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love this post, especially the last one! I fully expect to tear up again as my son gets on the bus for first grade. I'm glad you were consoled with a kleenex and a cookie.

 
At August 29, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Donna said...

That last one is the best! And I hear you about Power Rangers. My son John loves them and I hate them!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger momnextdoor said...

I love this post. I could have written it myself! Thanks for the smile!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

I hate it when my husband thieves the one thing I had my mind set on! :)

So not looking forward to the tear induced first day of school...thankfully I have a few more years! :)

 
At August 30, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are quite the lessons you learned this week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home