This Page

has been moved to new address

Check Out My New Look!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Check Out My New Look!

I was waiting for just the right moment to reveal this, but today's the day.   My five-year-old Evie was playing Beauty Salon last week.  Sure she's had some problems earlier this year when she turned my hair into a bird's nest, but she had earned back my trust.  I volunteered to be the day's first victim client.

I was even enjoying it.  Relaxing.  Almost asleep.  Then, I heard the most horrific sound!  I have no idea how to spell that sound.  It was the noise scissors make when they cut hair!  I was frozen in shock for a minute.  Then jumped away!

Evie looked surprised.  Why was I stopping her beauty efforts?

She was so proud of her work.

Her sister was hysterical with laughter.

And I have a very hip new style.  (Ignore the gray roots.)


Now a bonus.  Here's my sassy windblown look.

The hair's a little too far back to be bangs.  I think that makes me a trend setter.

It could have been even more beautiful.
If only I had fallen asleep.

Grumpy Mom Goal of the Day:  Locking up all scissors.

Oh and while you're here, check out my awesome new blog look.  Thanks to April and Laura from April Showers!  Unlike my hair, this style is still a bit under construction, but I think it fits.

April Showers Design Studio

Labels: , ,

66 Comments:

At August 20, 2011 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Oh my, I'm not sure I would have been calm enough to take pictures of that one. God bless you.

The new blog design is super cute!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Kerry said...

Love love love it!! The new blog look is awesome and I will be 'grabbing' your button for my blog!!
Sorry bout the haircut, look on the bright side...it could of been worse ;)
And from your new 'hired' best friend, you still look great anyway :)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Allie said...

Sooo funny!! Great post! Love the haircut and the new blog design :)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 6:35 AM , Anonymous Amanda @ Gratefully Growing in Grace said...

Oh, oh, oh! I love both your new haircut AND your fabulous new blog look! Your button is going on my blog ASAP.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I also love the new blog look! Thank goodness hair grows quickly. You may just start a new fashion trend!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Loving your new blog look!!!!
I gotta give you kudos girl. You are one supper mom. I would have been crying if my girl had cut my hair :-) Thank goodness she has not thought of that yet.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Mrs E said...

Ohhh my goodness! lol

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Siccors and kids just don't mix well!! Boy are they cute!! Love, Love, Love the new design!! Just great! Congratualions!!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Blogger m&msmommy said...

OH MY GOSH, I would have died! But I must say, you carry it SO well! ;)

I LOVE the new look! VERY cute!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Tara said...

I love this look! It's great! Now - about the hair... Yep - you are definitely a trend setter!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger AMY said...

LOL......Love your humor through everything! And that you even got a picture with her holding your hair! Awesome!
LOVE the new blog design.....very cute and totally you!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Oh no - are you serious?! LOL
At least you are smiling. And it could have been much worse. Can you imagine if you had stayed asleep? Too funny. I love the wind blown look.;0)
Yes - hide the scissors! My little one gave herself a partial mullet a couple weeks ago. I had to give her bangs to make it look right.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new design. It totally fits you. The hair? Oy - you are handling it well! And it doesn't change your inner beauty, of course!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are rocking your new hairstyle. I would have lost my mind. I can totally see my 3 yr old daughter doing. She has cut her hair on several occassions and we don't know where the scissors keep coming from?? I love the new blog, it is so cute and personalized.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Cute new design!

Did you freak out when you saw that huge chunk of hair in her hand?

I think I need to lock up my scissors.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

I want a cute illustration like that!!!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Greta @gfunkified said...

Oh, I love your new blog design--super cute!!

And...er....your hair looks nice too...? :D

 
At August 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Mikailah Autumn said...

Oh my!!! Wow... It does look nice though. :D And I like your new blog design. It is cute!

Blessings in Him,
Mikailah

 
At August 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new blog look!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Mom of 12 said...

At least she used the scissors. When I lose a chunk of hair it's usually because the brusher couldn't pull the brush through. Love the new blog design, but feeling a little like I'm in a strange new place.
Sandy

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous Jenn said...

My then 2 year old took a set of nail clippers to my hair, luckily it was an easy fix with some layers cut in (you could do just that with yours too, it'd be short, but cute)

Last year she took a pair of scissors to her own hair while I was getting her a drink and came running out "I CAN cut my own hair mom! SEE I CAN cut my own hair!" Luckily the layered look served her well too. She still has a few stragglers that are not long enough to be cut even yet.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

If anyone can pull off a slightly off-trend hairdo, it's YOU!!!! You're such a good sport!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous Babblin' Brooke said...

Oh no! You are a much better sport than I would have been. I probably would have just yelled and cried. And then yelled some more.

Love the new hairdo! Love the new blog design!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Blogger mrsmarkdave said...

Love it!!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Merrill said...

Love the new blog design!! Very cute!

I'm not sure how I would have handled the hair thing. Probably not as well as you seem to be. :)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM , Blogger tessica said...

The blog looks great! and it totally looks like you just have a layer...!
I can't believe how calmly you seem to have handled the hair cut!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new blog design!!! I looks great.

I would have flipped had it been my hair, I can't even imagine, at least it is one of those memories where you look back a have a good laugh!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

Love the new look. Both the blog and the hair. You are a brave, brave mommy to ever let her try beauty shop in the first place. Wow.

My 5 year old cut off some of his 1 year old brother's curly locks yesterday. I was beyond ticked...or at least I tried to act that way (I was actually smiling a little on the inside...a little). I didn't get a picture, though. My camera is broken, darn it.

At least hair grows back. maybe you can get a layered thing done to disguise it. Go drastic...it could be fun. :)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Wow! Can't believe she did that. :) I love your blog look.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Tatiana said...

Why?!!! Why do you make me laugh so hard every time!!!! Trend setter fo sho! And I think that the new blog look fits you so well. LOVE IT!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

I LOVE your new look on your blog!

As for the hair-OH NO! I will remember that when my daughter wants to play beauty shop. :) So are you going to cut your hair short now or just leave it?

 
At August 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute blog look!!

You are handling the "oops" much betta than I would. I would probably lock HER up. Nahhh... just kidding.-- sorta.

Have a FAB weekend.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Leda said...

This is such a great time for her to do this...you already have the 'hourglass' figure bod, now you can layer your hair JUST LIKE THE PICTURE ON YOUR NEW HEADER! (maybe even a little highlighting?);)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

HA! I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't be laughing, but this is too funny. At least it's only a small piece--it could be worse, right?

I LOVE your new blog design! Yay! Before I read the post and just saw the title, I figured that was the new look you were referring to. :)

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger By: Kate Nadeau said...

Lookin' good.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

I love both new looks! That's one reason I keep my hair short--it'll be easy to hide any of the eventual...umm...incidents that may occur.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

WOW! What a great way to handle that type of thing. I applaud you! I think it is great to be a trend setter! Way to go YOU!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM , Blogger LaVonne said...

I LOVE it! It really looks great. (the blog, not your hair LOL!) Just joking, sort of.

At least it was not more hair than that. Be thankful, I suppose.

The scissors got put up here at our house when my 3 year old cut her bangs. Glad they were hers and not mine now. Ha ha!

I really hope you have a great week!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Jaclyn M said...

I love the picture at the top of the blog. I can definitely tell who each of them are :) Sweet Evie. She may make a lot of money chopping people's hair off, but for now try keeping her alive to make it to that point ;) Good luck. Thankfully school is starting!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Amiee said...

I was horrified for you, as I imagined the "sound" the scissors made as they cut your hair! Oh my! Maybe, it is time to do a bit of layering? LOL ;)

Love the new look of your blog!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Kiddothings said...

Love the new look and the trend-setting hairstyle too! :D

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Lourie said...

The blog looks fabulous!! Oh man! Scissors. I just flashed on the episode of Full House when Stephanie cut Jesse's hair. Ooopsie.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

OH MY GOSH! I would totally.freak.out. if my kid did that! You are an awesome mom to have a sense of humor about it!

And I absolutely love the new look of the blog. How did you get all cartoonized?!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

The hair, OMG. I can't believe that. I would have been in tears.

The blog. Looking good. I'm happy you are no longer on a basic Blogger template.

 
At August 21, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Alia said...

Your site looks great! And tell me that with three daughters that is not my fate? I have escaped it thus far....the birds nest part.... Not so much :)

 
At August 21, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous My Inner Chick said...

OMG, and you are still beautiful. That little girl has a career already !! :)

 
At August 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Hahaha!
I love the new look of your blog! It's awesome! And you're gorgeous!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger LeAnn said...

I love your new look both the blog and you. This post brought a smile to my face; better still a chuckle. I can just picture the moment.
Blessings to you and keep on enjoying the moments such as these.

 
At August 21, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

Years down the road she could be a world renowned hair stylist of the stars and look back at this point of time of when she fell in love with cutting hair. What a supportive mom you are!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Lynnae said...

I love your cute new blog. I can relate to locking up the scissors. My daughter cut her hair 3 times before she gave up the habit, but at least she never cut my hair. :\ I love that you can find the humor in these situations!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Liz said...

Usually I hear kids doing that to their own hair, not their mama's!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Sometimes I am very grateful I have a son who just wants me to listen to boy stories! I love the new look!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Your hair looks great. And the blog looks great too! Yes, hide all scissors fast!!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Irish Italian Blessings said...

Love the new design...and the new hairstyle, it's hot! I think short cut bangs are in style now....But just in case Evie wants to pursue a career in hair, we might want to make sure Evie has other talents besides hair cutting :)

 
At August 22, 2011 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

so yeah, when you said a hairstyle before I was all set to get your hairdresser ... not so much anymore ... did you get it fixed?

and just in case you want more ellipses

....


....


....

 
At August 22, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Terri said...

oh no! We have never had a hair cutting episode thank goodness. My 2 year old did have scissors one day and his brother who is 5 tried to take them from him and cut his finger.

 
At August 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

nice new look!
I am loving the new blog lay out!!!!!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

GGM Darling, YOU and your blog look amazing!! xoxo

 
At August 22, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Texas Type A Mom said...

I dig the new blog layout - so cute and fresh! Argh - I don't think I would have been so calm as to take pics of the cut hair. Except for the wind blown pic, it's not that noticeable though fortunately.

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

OMGosh this is the scarriest funniest post I've ever read!! You are so pretty you pull the look off beautifully mama! Ahahahhaaa... Love this! I have so got to follow you now, your blog is great!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM , Anonymous Ruth said...

I *love* lying on the floor and letting my kids brush and "fix" my hair. Now? I think I will always remember your story... and wonder just where the scissors are...

 
At August 24, 2011 at 1:38 AM , Blogger Donna said...

I love the new look of your blog, and I'm actually quite jealous of your hair!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! :)

 
At August 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger momnextdoor said...

Something must be in the air! (Although you are unique that it was done to you and not self inflicted. Does that make you feel special?) My 2 yo niece cut her own hair the other day and I've read at least 3 other blogs where the kids have done some experimental hair cutting.

I'm adding your goal to my goal list!

 
At August 25, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Oh, that is too funny! Well...you're totally rocking the new look.

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:05 PM , Blogger thingsthatkeepmesane.com said...

I love your new blog look. You are a much nicer mom than I am, I would have lost it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home