This Page

has been moved to new address

My Happenin' Haircutting Skills

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Happenin' Haircutting Skills

Recently I discovered a new passion.  I love to cut men's hair!

It's something that always intimidated me. And now, with my very hip color coated clippers in hand, I feel quite powerful. Unfortunately, I don't  have very many willing victims candidates. 

My family lives out of state.   My oldest brother, dad, and even my mom happen to be diehard users of the Flowbee (those clippers you attach to your vacuum).   Seriously.  I'm still pondering this method, but for now I'm sticking with my clippers.

My husband is not very enthusiastic about my new skills.  He's allowed me to attempt a cut only twice.  I did confuse the light purple and dark purple clipper tops the first try, but I still thought he'd never looked better.  You can't be too choosy when your cut is free.


My 3-year-old Mase has my favorite head of hair, but is a difficult client.  Last night he was overdue for a cut.  After bribing him with ice cream, I still had to literally wrestle the cape off of his head.

Through tears and violent head whipping, I did a four-minute speed cut and--he survived!.   It was all worth it to see my handsome guy with a still large, but much sleeker looking noggin.
Dax is too bald for the clippers, but will be my newest candidate soon enough.  I thought I might have to edit this photo so it wouldn't be so embarrassing for my little dude.  But, his manly girth took care of that for me.
Grateful Mom Goal of the Day:  Appreciating my three crazy amigos.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At May 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Jaclyn M said...

I wish I never had to use clippers again. My husband makes me cut his hair every other week at least. His hair is impossible. He has cowlicks everywhere. He would be more than willing to be your next victim anytime :) P.S. he works down by you now.... go figure we move up here and his job moves down there lol

 
At May 5, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Cori said...

My husband LOVES the flowbee! He has not paid for a haircut in about 3 years now :) ha! It really isn't a bad product.

I am way to nervous to cut anyone's hair. Lol.

 
At May 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Don't even get me started on hair cuts!! My two year old screamed every time we would go....so embarrassing!! It got worse with each cut instead of getting better! So I decided to get my own clippers and try it out...Let's just say we went through 6 cookies, 4 gummy candies, a handful of chocolate chips in 15 minutes and two weeks later, I was still bribing him so I could attempt to catch those stray hairs!! I'm not looking forward to the next cut...

 
At May 5, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Danna said...

When I lived at home I loved cutting my Dad & brother's hair. My hubby shaves his head, so no hair cutting there. But, I do cut my girls hair. Well, the older two, the little one doesn't have enough hair yet, ha ha!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I promised my girlfriend years ago, after attempting at "fixing" my daughters hair to never ever touch anyones hair again!! I'm keeping my promise! I am very impressed with your skills though! What handsome guys you got there! Very funny post, as always! Happy Thursday!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger LBB said...

Oh you are brave!! I can do trims on the girls and myself, but I'm scared to cut my hubbys hair :)

 
At May 5, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Sandra Tyler said...

When my boys were about 2 and 3, I bought a little boy's cute clipper/cutting set -- I did that after attempting to take my older one for a haircut and he was horrific, they had to just quickly buzz him and left a ridiculous tuft on top. I never went back. But neither did I have the courage with the clippers. We just kept moving on....

 
At May 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Texas Type A Mom said...

It looks great! My daughter is in desperate need of a bang trimming but I'm kind of relieved she won't let me cut her hair because I want her to have grown out bangs anyway.

 
At May 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The first time I cut Doc's hair? So glad he was handy with the gel. I've gotten better over the years, but I still can't figure out how to do a good mid-length cut on him. Maybe flowbee is the answer?? (Actually, I honestly thought those things were an urban legend! Now I'm going to have to go check out youtube to find a video!)

 
At May 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Blogger NonDomesticMama said...

How cute! You did a great job. :) My husband cuts his own hair with the clippers and then makes me help him with the parts he can't reach. I am always so terrified I am going to clipper his ear off or something. Yes I realize that is highly unlikely. Freak accidents do happen!! He cuts my son's hair too. My son is usually pretty excited about it because we tell him he is going to get his hair cut just like Dada. :)

 
At May 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

Awww, bless their little (big) heads! You did a great job!

We've got big man heads in my house too. Just bought an adult-sized bike helmet for my 11 year old today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home