This Page

has been moved to new address

The Top 10 Loves of my One-Year-Old

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Top 10 Loves of my One-Year-Old

If you already have or know a one-year-old, then you may understand what I'm talking about.  If you're planning to acquire one in the near future--watch out!

Love #1 Diaper cream
This picture of my 15-month-man was taken just yesterday.  I must tell you, it pales in comparison to the Desitin incident of '07.  I had two tiny giggling girls (and half of my couch!) completely covered in diaper cream, BUT, why do they love it so?  It will remain a mystery.
 

#2 Water
  I understand this love, it's just a little extreme.  I took my kids to a lake park this week.  I didn't see the "no swimming or wading" sign until after this shot. 

 Still, Dax just needed to be near that water.  I kept carrying him far far away and he kept marching right back!  Notice the tiny spec of baby, heading toward the lake. 

And there he goes again.

 Here he is after my final capture.

#3  Bark
  We were at a potluck and I initially thought he was chewing on a brownie.  In his defense, it was covered in muffin crumbs.

More bark.

#4 Climbing EVERYTHING!  
Dax just discovered he could scale the table last week.  He's been practicing ever since.

Here he is attempting a dangerous crevasse.

There's an infinite supply of these death-defying pictures.  Maybe I should invest in a helmet.

#5 Helping
All day long!  My one-year-old's spidey senses go off every time I am loading or unloading the dishwasher.  He rushes to my aid without fail.

There Dax is cleaning out the pantry.

#6 Sand
  . Check out his head.  My three-year-old son gave Dax a sand shower and my little guy still wasn't deterred from the sandbox.   He also enjoys an occasional sand tasting.

#7 Tantrums  
This one had to do with his appreciation of the great outdoors.  After over an hour of (intensely supervised) play outside, he couldn't fathom why I would make him come in.

 #8 Inflicting Pain
Do you see the look of joy on his face?  I know I was smiling too, but he can do some serious damage with those pinchers.

And finally, #9 and #10  Food and MESSES! 
I think these two go together.  Here are my most recent collisions: 

Peanut Butter 
(Quite similar to Desitin, but more tasty.)

Cereal

Then, pretzels.

And I wouldn't have him any other way...mostly.

Grateful Mom Goal of the Day:  Appreciating every minute!

Labels: , , , ,

31 Comments:

At June 7, 2011 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Hahaha - Love it. 1 is crazy. But somehow we love it. 3s. Well - that is a whole other story. :)

 
At June 7, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous Christina said...

What adorable pictures! I can relate on almost all of these! :) A few weeks ago Mia mastered the art of standing on, well anything really, to get up on the sofa (and of course her favorite thing to do once she's up on the sofa is to hang over the arm, teetering for dear life as she ALMOST flips directly on her head EVERYTIME!) Well, yesterday I walked in the kitchen and Mia had climbed on a kitchen chair (without ANY sort of help) and was digging around the drying wrack! She is SO much more ornery than my son ever was! :)

 
At June 7, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Jenny Lynn said...

Looks like each day could be a new adventure with him.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Mom of 12 said...

He is soo cute! Love the pics from Daybreak. Glad he is still safe. My Baby Doll is eight months old today and thinks it's time to crawl! She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth! It's been a long time since I've had one of those...
Sandy

 
At June 7, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog! You have your hands full! Hope you guys had a great weekend.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Sandra Tyler said...

Oh, tough age, my dear, I remember well. And especially with boys who are never still a minute! I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd actually looked up at the sky, until we passed this stage and I could take my eyes off my toddlers for more than one second. Hang in there!

And why on earth couldn't they go in that water? I'd want to too! :))

 
At June 7, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

Oh my gosh, you have your hands fuller than full with him. He's a busy, busy, little guy, and so impossibly cute!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I think your little guy and my little girl are related. I have many of these same pictures. Butt paste, dishwasher standing, climbing, tantrums, etc....all the same.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Victoria said...

What fun! I really love the food pics. That's my almost-four year old, but with salad. And she's a daredevil (which she is in gymnastics to help control) so I feel you on that too.

I've read a couple of your posts in the last few days and I can't get over how cute your family is. I love love love your blog. :)

 
At June 7, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Liz said...

I find that there is no greater devastation in life than Toddler Devastation. ;-)

At least you got the shot in before you realized you were breaking the rules!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Erin said...

So cute! I have a friend with a 20 month old who posts on her blog the "mess of the day" he made that day. The picture and accompanying story are always hilarious.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures and thoughts are priceless. Yes, do enjoy these moments they pass all to quickly and then they have those little ones of there own just like them. Way fun!!
Blessings to you!
LeAnn @ Living Waters http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com
Google isn't working on some comments so I am anonymous

 
At June 7, 2011 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I miss the one year old fun!!!! They really do crack you up!!! Great post and great pictures!!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha!! no fear! kids have no fear!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

Love, love, love this post! And your blog too :) I've just subscribed, looking forward to reading more!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Beth said...

It looks just like my day! I have pictures of my son doing exactly the same thing as each of the 10, though his favorite is #4- Climbing, he was doing that before walking. You should see the looks I get at the play ground as he scales things that other kids 5 yr olds are still afraid of. Crazy little boys.
Though, maybe it's just my son, but I think you left out Electrical outlets. My son is obsessed with them, he's tried to put scissors in them, and anything else he can get his hands on. He's able to get those little covers off, so we had to put a new kind on, those ones that you can cover the whole plate, and you can have things plugged in. Oh, my they are SO hard to get off! Oh, and yesterday while we were outside playing in the pool he realized that the plugs on the outside of the house are much easier to open, which he tried to stick twigs in, then his fingers, while wet... I swear, I have no idea how he survives day after day.

 
At June 7, 2011 at 11:51 PM , Blogger sarah said...

Lol! I remember the days.... such a cute post! And kiddo!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Karen Greenberg said...

I remember those days of sand showers. Ug, the bathtub was a mess to clean up! WHY do the kids enjoy that so much?

This was a cute post. It reminded me a lot of when my girls were little like that. I hope you are having a great week!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 9:17 AM , Blogger LBB said...

I can't stop laughing!! I remeber those days!! Ahhhh.... to be 1 ....:D

 
At June 8, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Irish Italian Blessings said...

You deserve an award for coolest mom ever! I don't even give my poor child any of these fun exploration opportunities : ( Except for the bark, she also loves bark, why? I have no idea!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Anonymous JDaniel4's Mom said...

JDaniel went through a mulch phase too. It was terrible. I love your helper! Who knew you could stand on the door!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my. He is hilarious!!!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to all of these...oh so familiar! Thankfully the helpfulness lasts awhile!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

Goodness, gracious your kids are cute! It must be for this reason that we moms weather the temper tantrum storms, huh? ;) I particularly like and can relate to pictures #7! Thanks for sharing.

 
At June 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Blogger I Am Not Superwoman said...

Love the pics. Reminds me of my two little ones. Partners in crime these days. Keep in mind, one day you will miss these chaotic times and laugh about it....I repeat, one day...LOL...Have a great rest of the week.

 
At June 9, 2011 at 4:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the scaling the table brings back memories. My 4th was an adventurous climber. I love all the pictures.

 
At June 9, 2011 at 5:35 AM , Anonymous mountain mama said...

Your little man is so adorable. These pics really make me miss my little guy being that age. He's still a climber and still loves to help mama with everything but he's not as messy with his cereal anymore. Thank goodness! lol

Great post. I really enjoyed it! I just found you over at Bouncin' Barbs :)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Blogger NonDomesticMama said...

How boring it all would be without those moments! I think I laughed out loud at each and every picture. That's a boy who knows how to live life to it's fullest!! :)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Cindi said...

So cute! That little guy keeps you running. I think it's so fabulous that you took all these pictures.

 
At June 10, 2011 at 1:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

See this post is why every time my kids do something crazy, I think, "I need to take a picture!" Unfortunately, I usually remember to take the picture after the mess is cleaned up. SHOOT!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Rachael M said...

He is incredibly cute!

The Desitin story reminds me of when I was working in a school with an autistic six-year-old boy who had gotten his hands on some diaper cream --I think it was Desitin, too, actually-- that we had for a disabled child who could not use the toilet. In just a minute or two, he'd managed to eat quite a bit of it. The teacher was really worried, called Poison Control to make sure he'd be okay, then called his mom to tell her what happened. Her (very calm) response? "Oh yeah, that's his favorite!" :) I guess it must be good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home