This Page

has been moved to new address

My Family of Snackoholics

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Family of Snackoholics

my sweet snackoholics
I'm creating a small legion of snack obsessed children.  I've been cracking down, but I'm no match for this group. 

All of my kids are phenomenal eaters.  My 2 year old's church nursery teacher said, "I've never seen a child who can eat sooo much--EVER!"  And this is common remark I hear about my kids.  I've heard it at birthday parties, play dates, and restaurants; my kids always get our money's worth as they giddily make their way through the smorgasbord of snacks at The Golden Corral.

Even my picky eater, Evie, can hold her own. She is the only girl in her preschool, but her teacher just told me, "Wow, that girl can pack it in.  She always out eats the boys--all of them!"

And, thankfully, most of my children eat most vegetables too.   When I break out the carrots or barbie trees (broccoli) the kids chow down.

We've had numerous children over for lunch or snack time, so I know this isn't normal.  The majority of our visitors are cute little birds, picking at their food here or there.

Where are my birds?

I'm certain I have unintentionally created my snackoholics by my own extreme love of food and snacking.  My husband is a snacker too.  Currently, I am trying to encourage him to refrain from getting a bowl of cereal immediately after every dinner.  He is not too fond of my encouragement.  

My sister-in-law once told me she lets her eight children get snacks whenever they would like.  She says, because of this, they aren't so snack obsessed.  That seems a little risky for my bunch.

For now, until I come up with a superior plan, I will keep encouraging/forcing my apparently starved children to have one snack, maybe two and wait for dinner.

Grateful Mom Goal of the Day: Rid my home of unhealthy kid snacks.

Goal update, Day 2:  For my sweetness goal I gave my husband a shoulder massage.  As for my organization goal, with the under appreciated help of my baby, I did a quick fix for the fridge--that's more cleaning than organizing, but I'm counting it.

Every Day Goals: Do something nice for someone. Organize--anything! 

Ahhh...much  better

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At February 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Barbie trees! Love it! I've awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award. If you'd like it, come over and get it!

 
At February 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Blogger PythonKatie said...

I love the term "barbie trees"! Too cool!

Wish my fridge looked that nice. Wanna come clean mine? Lol!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

This is awesome!!!

I'm following from bloggy moms.

ecwrites.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Mrs E said...

I have snackers too...
Even worse.. MILK A HOLICS!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger DIAPERS in the DESERT said...

We are snackers too!! Thanks for stopping by mine from the hop. I am SUPER glad you did. I am new follower of yours. Good job on keeping up with your goals. Looking forward to reading more. I was cracking up at your stasher post below. My lil brother was like that when I was growing up. Off to read more. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
DiapersintheDesert.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get rid of the unhealthy snacks! one day! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm following you back! :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

Kim
http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger MeLi said...

Hehehe, what a cute post!...I love to have a little dessert after my dinner...and snack in the middle of the day...your kids are so cute!...and I love the barbie tree thing hehehe!!
^_^

 
At February 21, 2011 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Your refrigerator looks great!
We love snacks at our house too. I try to make sure they're healthy but they're not always!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you for this, I did my fridge too! Yours looks great!

 
At February 26, 2011 at 1:17 AM , Blogger Charlotte said...

My kids are snack crazed, too. I've tried letting them have what they want. All it does is empty my pantry faster.

I've always wondered why most kids are little bird-like eaters and mine eat the equivalent of an adult.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home